Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Creative Space

Why is it that I always think I'm going to get more done and achieved when the kids are on school holidays - but in reality I get less done than when they are safely tucked away at school and I have the house to myself!??

I think the same every holiday - but it just never works out that way!

Anyway - I don't have much creative to report today.
I did make little keychain pouches for our MP3 players earlier in the week - tutorial posted here.

But other than that....

I spent little time today on this:
Our old desktop computer finally bit the dust over Christmas - but before the defunct keyboard (and even older and even more useless keyboard) got chucked, I had to prise off the letter keys...
I now have a bag of keys which looks rather like a bag of lego.  All because I saw someone had crafted some name tag bracelets from old keyboard keys once and thought it was a neat idea.....
Surely I can make something with all those lovely letters....

Mind you - it was pretty scary to see the 10 years worth of yeuky stuff under the keys!!

Just so as not to end this post on such a gross picture - here's one of my new soda stream which I got for Christmas - being christened with its first use!!

Starting the year USING my gadgets! not letting them sit in the cupboard all unloved! Now I just need to get out my pasta maker from the previous Christmas and christen that next...

I'll be linking up to Our Creative Spaces today if it's running - and looking for inspiration as the girls go back to school next week!!!


  1. Oooh errr yuck!! Hahaha Hate to think what is under my fingers as I am typing right now....
    Great idea keeping the keys, I know I have seen some gorgeous creations using key tiles before, can't wait to see what you come up with!

  2. I've not seen any creations using the tiles from a keyboard before. How interesting! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

  3. How clever to salvage those keys. Can't wait to see what you do with them.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !