Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fitness and Motivation - or the lack of it!

This photo is my first one joining in with Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom in her 2012 photo challenge.
I need to improve my photography skills - so thought this would be a good thing to do. Unfortuately this week hasn't been the best - so this is the one and only silhouette shot (theme of the week) that I took!
It's a plant called a croton in our garden that here looks kind of like a hand from a Dr Seuss character!


But back to my weekend post - which is my first of the year in what I'm going to post as my fitness and motivation for the week - to keep myself accountable with my fitness goals! I know it doesn't really fit with a sewing and creative blog - but this is for me.  Keeping fit, helps me stay motivated in every aspect of my life - so I'm sure my sewing will benefit too!! :)

Well, erm the first week of the year has not started well.  I lost my voice TOTALLY for 4 days - which wasn't fun at all - and I've been coughing and generally quite sick all week!  I'm on antibiotics now and seem to be on the mend, but frustratingly have done no exercise at all and don't feel very healthy!

I have plenty motivation though !  I'd love to get out and have a good hard run, or swim, or run around and feel like I've done something - but my body is telling me "no" so I'll have to wait another couple of days or so.

But THEN, watch out as I'll be back into it with gusto!  Up until last week I was getting well into my exercising and doing something every day. And I even bought a dress that is a size 10! (I've always been a 12, well since kids anyway) so this was a big boost showing me I'm definitely toning up with all my exercise!

So - next week my aim is to get back into exercising slowly as my body recovers, and back on track hopefully by the end of the week!

How are you all going with your goals to keep or get fit in 2012!  One week in are you on track?? If you're not, like me, then it's never too late to start!!

5 comments:

  1. I started training for a 10k this week. I keep myself motivated by writing down everything related to my fitness - from goals to what I worked on. I enjoy going back and looking at how far I've come.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill!
    Love your Silhouette photo! I love the fact that it is unusual. Thanks so much for joining in the challenge!

    As for fitness, well sore subject around here. I really need to get up off the butt and move. I promise to work harder on actually doing it rather than just talking about it. Thanks for the inspiration!
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, very striking photo Jill!!

    So glad you are starting to feel better.

    I have done well this school holidays with hubby renting me a cross trainer for Christmas. So far I am down 3kg in 4 weeks.

    Maybe I will make it up that mountain this year.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been ill and good job listening to your body! So often we get caught up in trying to get into shape that we ignore what our bodies are telling us! Your are doing an excellent job, since you're already down a dress size. Don't go too far! The photography is excellent! I too, am trying to learn how to operate my camera properly. Keep up the good work; yes it will benefit your entire life! Blessings from Bama!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !