Sunday, January 22, 2012

Back into daily exercise!

This photo is my entry into Suzy's 2012 photo challenge. The theme this week was rocks.  Well, I wasn't near any rocks this week -so used the ones by our pool around the newly planted pineapples.  I'm afraid I wasn't very inspired with taking the photo - so explored more effects on Picnik!

But onto my fitness for the week:
 I'm motivated and exercising well now - but annoyed that I can't kick the last dregs of this cold! Just a lingering cough, but slowly getting better! 

Anyway - my goals last week were to do my Spartacus cardio-weights circuit twice - yes I did this on Thursday and Saturday.
To exercise every day - yes I cycled on Monday night, did some skipping on Tuesday - not much at all - only 3 lots of almost 2 minutes - but I was exhausted!! Definitely something I can build up and practice! Funny I can run for 1 hour, but only skip for 2 minutes!!
I even went out afterwards and bought myself a fancy digital skipping rope - much better to have one my size than holding onto my daughter's rope with my fingertips to try and make it long enough!!

On Wednesday I went for our family 3 km run on the esplanade. The girls were motivated and ran fast this week! I went with the elder daughter and we did it in 20mins! Not bad for an 8 year old!

On Friday I mowed the lawn - which is pretty good exercise - 1 hour of pushing the mower through long soggy grass!! 
Then this morning (Sunday) I did my long run again...
More than 5 minutes faster than last week and getting close to my best time for this run again. This week it took me 59 mins and 31 secs!

A really good week of exercise - and I definitely feel my fitness returning !

Next week I'm having a trip away for a family wedding - so my goals are to fit in exercise as and where I can!

Hope you're havng a great weekend!


  1. Love the photo! And the Picnik effects are awesome. Unfortunately, word has it that Picnik is shutting down! We are going to have to find a good replacement. :(

    Good for you on the fitness routine! It is definitely one of those things I need to work on!

    1. Thanks Suzy - yes I heard that about Picnik - I'm enjoying using the premium features for now - but I guess I'll have to explore some alternatives!

  2. Good on you. I can't wait to be able to get back into my fitness routine.

    1. Thanks Bettina - it feels good to be exercising again!

  3. did really well on your daily exercise! I've told myself I need to get back into the exercise groove but have yet to make it happen. :(
    I think skipping is one of the most strenuous exercise! I remember trying it before long time ago following a book but did not make it that far.
    You are very disciplined. I have a hard time doing exercise on my own except swimming, which is my favorite form of exercise. Otherwise, I usually have to go to classes at the gym.

    I hope you have a productive week again. :)

    1. Thanks Tanya! It's always hard to get started and back into exercising, but the more I do, the easier it gets to be motivated!!

  4. Congrats on your week of exercising...super!!
    And I love your photo!!

  5. Thanks SueAnn!! Hope all's well with you!

  6. Congrats on your excellent exercise week! You can tell I'm a little behind in my blog reading (and writing) by the fact that I'm only commenting on this now.

    My goal this week is to exercise 6 out of 7 days, and I should also try to catch up on my exercise blog.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !