Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Creating Success Around The World - Pam from Threading My Way

From 1-24th Dec I give to you my blog advent calendar.
Each day you can click on the numbered 'door' to 'open' it and find some Christmas upcycled/recycled goodness!
Enjoy!




-----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.




Creating my way to Sucess
 



Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
Here's the hosts:
 
 


-----------------------

Today's guest is Pam from Threading My Way in
 NSW, Australia


What do you create?

My projects, at this stage, are all sewing related. I just love to sew clothes for the little people in my life. There are so many wonderful cheap and/or free patterns available now, that I am having a ball experimenting with different patterns, techniques and styles.



One of my recent creations involved me transforming a wedding dress into a smart day dress. My daughter has complete confidence in my sewing abilities and is keen to suggest things that I can sew. She came up with the crazy idea that I could transform her wedding dress. After much convincing, I did and I was so pleased that she suggested it. Here's the dress and how we did it.





I also enjoy taking part in online sewing challenges, most recently the Solids Only Tote Challenge. One of the great things about online challenges, is meeting new and talented people. They also help me to think outside the square and attempt techniques I might otherwise not use. Here's the tote I created for the challenge.





Why do you create?

That's an easy question. I create because I enjoy it. I gain immense satisfaction from being able to say, I made that. Learning is important to me and with sewing, there is always more to learn. With each new project, I build upon the skills that I already have.



Combining blogging and sewing has given me the motivation to know that the sky's the limit. The blogging world is a very welcoming community. Not only are there super talented women to learn from, but I can talk sewing to my heart's content without anyone becoming bored.


Do you sell your creations? 

My favourite articles to make are bags; in particular, bags for little people. Little Ladybird sells some of my bags, both through her website and her Facebook page. I've just this week set up my own Facebook page. Selling my bags, at this stage, is just a bit of fun. It's nice to be able to say. Ooohhh, someone bought one of my bags. Who knows where I'll head with this in the future. Perhaps I'll venture into selling kids' clothes. We'll see what the future brings.







Ballet Bag...






Miss Evie...







Denim and Frills...






Treasure + Shopper









What, to you is success? 

Success to me is learning and being happy doing what you're doing. If you're not happy, it's time to try something else. At the moment, I'm enjoying the journey of learning about sewing and blogging.



So what's next?

Concentrate on sewing and blogging. I have some plans afoot for combining the two at Threading My Way. Stay tuned for some new developments early in 2012.



Thanks for interviewing me, Jill. As well as enjoying the opportunity, it's also made me stop and think about why I do what I do.


Pam...

-------------------------------------------------

 Thanks Pam for your wonderful answers.  Please do go and say hi to Pam at her lovely blog!
 
 
Now that you've seen some of the talent we have to offer Down Under, why not visit the other hosts to check out more talent on the other continents!
 
Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
 
Europe - Mike @ Blue Velvet Chair
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - PC @ Meijo's Joy
 
 
 
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!

 


10 comments:

  1. What a fun dress makeover! And I just love that advent mystery box idea!
    michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress re-do! Thanks so much for introducing us to Pam!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the opportunity, Jill. Off to look at some of the blogs linked up. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one creative lady! Thanks so much for stopping by Ducks n a Row. You now have a new FB fan and follower!
    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill - Thank you very much for hosting this. I love reading Pam's interview. I will link up my blog..it will be great to make new friends from different countries. :)

    Pam is a very talented, creative, and the best of all, generous friend I made through blogosphere. She always shares great ideas on her blog. I have become a big fan of her and I have been inspired by her creations in so many ways. Thank you very much Pam :) You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jill,

    Thanks for stopping by and following me today. I'm here to return the favor!

    Just from looking at your blog and this post, I'm already loving it! I adore me a crafty blogger - I'm off to look around some more! :)

    I hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice craft. Now you can use this business directory yellow pages to promote wood crafts import & export business.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the recycled ornies!! They are all fabulous!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Pam and all her creative fun!

    Thanks for the link up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps...I've tried to add the little globe button to my post 3 times and it shows as a broken link...I'll keep trying but wanted to see if you had any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !