Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Creating Success Around the World -Sew, Cook, Laugh & Live

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.


Creating my way to Sucess
 


Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
Here's the hosts:
 
 


-----------------------

Today's guest is Jos from Sew, cook, laugh & live   in Queensland, Australia


Hi there!
 
My name is Jos & I write a little blog called Sew, cook, laugh & live
I am only fairly new to the blogging world  my very first post was in May of this year, 2011.
I will share a little about myself
 
What do you create?
I create anything & everything! As the name of the blog suggests,
I love to sew
{click on the pictures below to take you to the blog posts}
Copy_of_019
 
& cook
051
but I also love to renovate my charming little home. 
I love to turn old furniture into new beautiful pieces.
 
065
 
Do you sell your creations?
I don’t sell my creations. I tried the whole “handmade business” thing but it was not for me. I took too much on too soon. I didn’t know how to say no & I was sewing 20hrs a day. I have now put my family first & have returned to having craft & sewing as my hobby. I now do the things that I love to do for myself, family & friends. I know that the things that I make are one of a kind & that is what I loved about creating in the first place. Now I just love to share what I make by blogging & hopefully that might inspire others to enjoy the love of handmade.
026_thumb[35]
 
What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
I have learnt that life should be enjoyed. If you enjoy what you do then you will be happy. I have also learnt to say no. Maybe not as often as I should but I am saying it more often than I used to. I have learnt that to be the best person I can be that I have to make “ME” a priority.
 
041_thumb[10]

What, to you is success?
If you can wake up with a smile & enjoy what you do everyday, then you are successful.
 
5413_124012511628_750521628_2491099_6151356_n_thumb[5]
If your kids are happy, then you are successful.
 
Copy_of_048[6]
If you know you have done the right thing, then you are successful.

 
·So what's next?
I want to keep doing what I am doing.
I want to keep sewing for myself
 
Picnik_collage_thumb[7]
 
I want to keep sewing for my girls
 
033_thumb[10]
 
I want to keep crafting
 
Copy_of_033_thumb[10]
 
I want to keep cooking
 
056_thumb[10]
 
And I want to keep living life & laughing!
 
064
 
If you want to find out more you can find the blog here
Sew, cook, laugh & live
And the Facebook page here
Sew, cook, laugh & live Facebook


----------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks so much Jos for your wonderful answers! Make sure you go and say hi to Jos. She has such a lovely fun blog!
And if you like what you see (and I know you will) then why not vote for Jos - she's in the top 25 Aussie Mum Blogs!
 Go here to vote!


-------------------------------------------------
 
Now that you've seen some of the talent we have to offer Down Under, why not visit the other hosts to check out more talent on the other continents!
 
Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
 
Europe - Mike @ Blue Velvet Chair
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Divya @ Jewels of Sayuri
 
 
 
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!

 



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so very much for the feature Jill!! I feel like a superstar! LOL!!! You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Jos - you are awesome and so talented! Your posts always make me want to drag out the sewing machine. Love your blog. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the message! And love those cartoon shoes!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cartoon shoes are my favorite! Great interview!

    suzy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !