Thursday, November 3, 2011

Christmas clothes upcycling project revealed!

Over the last week I've posted a few pictures on my blog and on facebook of my latest clothes upcycling project.
I've now finished enough of it to reveal what it is I'm making....

An upcycled advent calendar!

It's been a learning process for me along the way - I started with some old clothes, in my favourite colour - purple!
(I've noticed lots of silver and purple Christmas decorations in the shops this year - and I'm liking this colour combination!)

Then I had a play around with patchwork:

and quilting..

Then got to use some of the button stash my mum brought out for me from England!

Now I just have to make 23 more hanging ornaments..before December!

Tomorrow I shall post how I made the calendar - and what I learned in the process. 

Then throughout November I'll post the ornaments as I make them - all upcycled of course!!

I hope you'll come back to see what I make - and let me know what you think!  Any suggestions are very welcome - particularly for the ornaments......

For lots more creativity - head on over to Our Creative Spaces!  See you there!


  1. Another amazing idea! You're incredible Jill! Thanks for sharing!

  2. Such a great idea! Loving the purple and silver.

  3. Fab idea! Loving the colours.

  4. What a neat way to upcycle clothes!

  5. Great upcycling! Love the colours...

  6. Nice post and I find it colorful and beautiful. I enjoyed your blog. Big thanks for sharing.



I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !