Saturday, October 8, 2011

What do you want?

I've been reading more from Yaro Starek's blog - always full of great information, inspiring stories and ideas to grow your blog!
Today I read his article: How to make money with your blog (with case studies as proof).

Some of the case studies I've already read or listened to the podcasts - but I often find when I revisit or re-read something at a different time, I get something more or different out of it. 
Like the time is just perfect for me to make use of a particular snippet of information!

This time I was reading the transcript of the interview with Leigh Peel who has created a successful blog on fat loss.

One thing she said she did, that really made me think - was that she asked her readers and subscribers what they wanted! I know - it seems such an obvious thing to do! but it got me thinking that I've never really done that! 

A while ago, a reader left a comment that she'd love to see a tutorial on how to make simple fabric sandwich wraps, so a couple of weeks later - I published one - and it has turned out to be one of my most popular posts and tutorials.

So I'm putting it out there -

What would YOU like to read on this blog?

More tutorials?  What kind?
Features?  Interviews? Guest posts?  Recycling ideas?
Anything else?

Please do leave me a comment - or email me with what you'd like to see here and I'll work on delivering just that!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!


  1. I really love your recycling ideas! But with recycling (like a pair of pants to a bag) there's always the problem of not having the right type of item to recycle with. Still... I keep 'em all in mind. :-) Guest bloggers are also FUN, as long as they're on the right topic to your blog. You don't want guest bloggers to be too 'oh my blog is wonderful fantabulous etc, come and check it out and oh, also visit my Etsy shop..' if you know what I mean?
    Anyway: good luck!!
    Have a great weekend!

  2. The thing that brought me to your blog was the upcycling tutorials that you posted in May. I have followed religiously ever since. I have bags and bags of toddler clothes and would love some ideas of how to make them more useful and even keepsakes for Anne later in life.

    PS. I did the same thing with my readers when I launched my new blog and I'm working on projects now that I hope they will like and will be the answers to some of their questions.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !