Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Goals

The start of another month - and so time to set my goals again.

Back in June I set myself the goal of growing my blog - and really managed to achieve a lot - doubling my pageviews and increasing my readership lots.  I learned lots and really enjoyed working on my blog - but missed spending more time sewing and creating - so after June I focussed more on my creative side - and came up with more tutorials and patterns, producing my first pattern for sale - (for the above duffel bag set) which I was very happy with and thrilled when people began to buy it!

Last month - September - I had a wonderful family holiday to Bali - with plenty of time to relax, rejuvenate and reflect on things.  I've come back raring to go and full of ideas and plans.

I truly believe that you can do whatever you set your mind to - it's a matter of commitment and consistency.  I'm determined that I can turn my creativity into a profitable business - and bearing this in mind - here are my goals for October!

  •   Double the pageviews on my blog again - This number has been growing since June (when I doubled the previous month's number!), although last month dropped thanks to being away for 2 weeks!   I plan to continue posting and promoting as I have been - build upon that. I will now focus on BOTH creativity and success rather than one or the other - and as such will be doubling my posts. So my target is 60,000 pageviews
  • Reach the $150 mark on my Google Adsense adverts.  This is what I need to get to in order to receive my first cheque! I'm nearly there!
  • Get at least 5 paying sponsors in the sidebar of my blog - I need to take action for this, something I've been avoiding so far as it's out of my comfort zone!
  • Create, develop and publish another comprehensive tutorial/pattern and launch for sale. This is what I really love doing and I have plenty of ideas I'm looking forward to getting started on.

So there you have it! I've put it out there for all to see and to keep myself accountable!

I believe my goals are SMART:

S= Specific - I have definite numbers and figures to reach
M=Measurable - Google analytics and my blog stats help me track my progress
A=Achievable - I believe they are - challenging yes, but definitely possible with hard work and action!
R=Realistic - yes! I'm not expecting my blog to 'go viral' and become a worldwide hit overnight - but I believe in my work and the feedback I have received so far supports my confidence that I can grow and develop my blog more.
T=Time Specific - by the end of October - when I will have more goals set to strive for!

My to-do list for this month is long, detailed and growing all the time.  My kids go back to school on Monday so I'll have more time to myself then to focus more on my goals.

How about you?  Do you have goals for this month? 
Will you help keep me accountable for mine - and come back to check how I'm going?
I'll be sharing what I'm doing - how I'm trying to achieve my goals and what does and doesn't work!

Here goes!!


  1. Good Luck with your October goals Jill!

  2. Good luck accomplishing all of your goals! I hope you are able to find some fabulous sponsors :)

  3. I can't wait to see how you do! Keep us posted on how it's going!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !