Thursday, September 1, 2011

Romancing in my creative space!

Just thought I'd share a couple of photos of the fruits growing in our garden just now!
Pineapples is one thing that I've found grow really well in our garden without me having to look after them! (I'm not too good at looking after plants!)
So everytime we buy a pineapple from the market (most weeks) we chop off the top and plant it.
Our garden has pineapple tops growing in every spare space we can find - and several pots too!
This year - we have around 10 plants fruiting! Can't wait till they're big enough to eat! (One plant takes 2 years to fruit so it's quite a wait!)
These ones should be ready in about 2 months!

We also have some Brazillian cherries

Beach cherries..

Tahitian Limes..

And tomatoes!

Slowly growing - and something to look forward to in the weeks and months ahead!

It's also the beginning of a new month - and so the end of my August challenge which was to write an e-book and have it up for sale!
I did write my first e-book - " How to teach your kids their times tables in 5 mins a day" and it is now available for free to my subscribers over on my other blog Be Our Best.
It's had a great response and I'm very pleased with that!

I also managed to write my first mega tutorial - pattern (which is a kind of e-book really) which I've now got for sale in My Shop
It's for a whole set of Personalised Duffel Style Bags!
It is so exciting to see the sales pop up and get processed!
I feel like I had a successful month - and am looking forward to producing more e-books and information products over the coming weeks and months!

Now on to this week's creativity..

I'm going to be away from my blog for the next couple of weeks, so I've scheduled a string of posts to keep my readers entertained while I'm away!

Not sewing projects or tutorials - but a different kind of creativity!

A little romance!
I am an aspiring author - and hope one day to have my books published.
For now - I figured I'd do a little self-publishing!

Last weekend I posted a mini 2 part romance which I wrote last year

Then starting tonight I've set my first romance novel to publish each day, chapter by chapter over the next couple of weeks!

For those of you who like a little romance - I hope you'll come and read along.
I'd love to know what people think of the story - and will look forward to reading the comments when I return (at the end of the story!)

So do come back tonight at 7pm (Australian EST) for Chapter one of

 Laura's Dream.


For more fabulous creativity, head over to Our Creative Spaces


  1. thanks for stopping by! a functioning productive garden is a dream! Good luck with the books :)

  2. Have a great time away. Exciting to hear you have sold your pattern!

  3. wow i can't believe they take so long to fruit! should be totally worth the wait though :D
    and congrats on the e-book sales!

  4. Oooo pineapples! I'm not sure how they would grow down here in unsunny Melbourne though.

    Congrats on the pattern sales, it looks great!

  5. The pineapples look great! Tried this in my garden too, but some little critters, I think bunnies, kept taking them away. Think I will try again soon! Beautiful pictures by the way!

  6. Wow, home grown pineapples, they sound amazing, you are making my mouth water!

  7. I've never seen a baby pineapple. They are so pretty and bazaar. I was wondering, are your duffles are lined? Also, how cool of you to share your writing with us! And how brave! Is there any creative avenue you don't travel?

  8. A delicious garden! About these Brazilian cherries, I don't know if you have already tasted them. They are delicious! They are "pitangas" and they are amazing!! Enjoy your fruits!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !