Thursday, September 29, 2011


I've finally got myself a pinterest account!

I've seen it mentioned all over the place, and also noticed that I've had some traffic to my blog from people pinning my things! Which is very flattering!

Anyway - I realised this week how useful Pinterest could be!  When I'm browsing around blogs and websites and see something I like and want to remember - I generally stick it in favourites on my computer toolbar.  As a result, I now have HUGE lists in favourites - which unfortunately get forgotten.  I also made notes of things I want to make, or sites I want to revisit in my paper diary - or worse still on scrap bits of paper.

My husband is always telling me that I need to learn to use the computer more instead of using pencil and paper for my lists and plans etc, so all of this got me thinking, and that this is exactly what Pinterest is for!

I know, I know, I'm a bit slow on the uptake and it seems that most people have realised this long before me!

Anyway - I've set up my account and have just been pinning some of the things I had in my favourites. The only folder I've set up so far is "things I want to make".  I'm hoping now that having these things in one place - with photos, that I'll get around to making them!
I should at least be reminded of them more often as I'll browse through them when I 'pin' new things!

I see that you can follow people on pinterest and see what things inspire them too!  I think this is a brilliant way to discover more great ideas and get more inspiration!

So if you're on pinterest yourself then feel free to:

Follow Me on Pinterest 

And let me know so I can follow you back!

I feel like a kid with a new toy!  It's like browsing through a new glossy magazine of all the things I love!


  1. You think you are behind the times...ha...I have yet to visit Pinterest!! So don't feel bad!
    Guess I need to do so

  2. I'm loving Pinterest! You can find me at

  3. I've heard of Pinterest, but haven't quite figured it out ... will have to go and investigate! :)

  4. Welcome to the cult!! Hahaha. It is very addictive. It makes me believe I am cleverer that I actually am. SOOO much good stuff!! You should follow me too!

  5. Welcome to Pinterest, like Christy says it's very very addicting but so much fun! I'll see you on Pinterest.


  6. I was also wondering what the heck Pinterest was. I guess I will check it out now. I will follow you and sign up!

  7. Beware! It's terribly addicting. But also lots of fabulous ideas. I just recently joined too. Will find you and follow!

  8. Oh, I've never used Pinterest - will have to have a peek!

  9. I love Pinterest...a great way to waste some time on the computer!
    I'm following you now!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !