Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creating Success Around the World - featuring Amelie and Atticus

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.


Creating my way to Sucess
 



Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce you to someone new whose creativity is inspiring!
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
 -------------------------------------------------
 
This week's guest is Thouraya from Amelie and Atticus in
 
Sydney, Australia
 
 
Now let's hear a little about Thouraya herself!




 What do you create?
I create children's clothing and costumes with a modern vintage aesthetic. I share my experiences and tutorials on my blog: http://amelieandatticus.blogspot.com.

I also love art photography and try to incorporate this into my life too!
·Why do you create?
I love to create. I have a passion for sewing and stitching and cannot imagine a life without it! My hands get restless and I love to see a dress or costume come together just as it was imagined! I find it really fulfilling and if it's not sewing it is another form of creation like photography.
·Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?
I have just started expanding the way I sew my work. I have an etsy shop (http://www.etsy.com/shop/amelieandatticus) where my costumes sell the best!

And a madeit store where my bloomers and dress have been a hit (www.madeit.com.au/amelieatticus).

My capes have started to be stocked in Shorties a children's shop in Newtown, Sydney which is very exciting (http://www.shorties.com.au/) and I have

just signed up for Creative Lane - my first markets - which is fantastic - I can't wait but have so much sewing to do!

·What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
I have made numerous mistakes but I think the best lesson I have learned is not to try and make things based on what you think will sell but find something you love and spend the time to create it well and the rest will come together!

Secondly I have found that networking with fellow craftsters and like minded business people is the quickest way to learn as together you have a huge knowledge base and you don't need to make all the mistakes yourself to learn from them!
·What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
To me success means balancing all the elements of your life and feel fulfilled. For me it is finding the balance with my family - my passion for sewing - my photography - my friends - my paid work - and my home business. I feel that I have almost achieved it, I just need to focus more on my art photography and if that picks up I will be there.
·So what's next?




Next up on my agenda is the markets - I don't think it will be a regular thing, maybe once a year. I also want to create more of a range of costumes in my shop and create more tutorials to share on my blog.

http://amelieandatticus.blogspot.com
******************
Thanks for your great answers Thouraya
I really do recommend a visit to her blog and shop.
Her blog is full of gorgeous photos - amazing creativity and some brilliant tutorials too!
And the capes, dresses and bloomers in her shop are totally adorable - but the capes are my favourite!
Go check it out!!
---------------------------------------------------------
Now that you've seen the talent here in Australasia, here are your hosts for the other continents:

Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
 
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
 
 
 
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill, amei a entrevista e já estou caminhando em direção a ela
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !