Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Creating Success around the World - featuring Fay from Imagination Overload

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.



Creating my way to Sucess
 

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce you to someone new whose creativity is inspiring!
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
 -------------------------------------------------
 
This week's guest is Fay from Imagination Overload in



Fay from Imagination Overload 



What do you create?
All sorts! At the moment sewing is one of my main creative outlets with the other one being digital scrapbooking. I try to sew things that will be useful but there is always the odd thing that I make just so that I can keep learning and growing as a sewer. I particularly enjoy making things for my son but I struggle with finding things to make for boys.


Why do you create?
I started sewing because I wanted to be able to make things for my son. Now sewing provides me with some downtime and even though I often get frustrated with some of my projects the end result is worth the time and effort that went into creating it and I love the sense of achievement that it gives me. I also enjoy making and giving handmade gifts.


Do you sell your creations?

No, I don't. At one stage I did consider it but I decided that right now I am happy just sewing for myself and life is busy enough as it is that I don't need the extra pressure/stress of making things to sell.
What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned?
That my sewing isn't always perfect and that I shouldn't be too hard on myself over little things that no one but me would notice. That sewing requires a lot of patience and if I try to rush through something I will almost certainly muck it up! Also that I'm hopeless at creating my own patterns but that is something I'd like to try my hand at eventually.




What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way to success?

As far as sewing goes, I think I'm doing pretty good considering a year ago I had no idea how to use a sewing machine!

So whats next?
Keep sewing, keep learning and improving. Keep blogging and having fun.

I have met some wonderful people through my blog so please do drop by and say hi.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Now that you've seen the talent here in Australasia, here are your hosts for the other continents:

Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
 
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
Africa - Adepeju @ Peekadot
 
 
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!




7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the follow! I'm following back now. I REALLY need to learn how to sew. I need to learn how to make all these cute things for my little girl!

    Amy
    http://lifewithaubrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

    http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill
    Thanks for your generous invitation. Please pop over and visit me. BTW I follow your blog.
    Cheers
    Linda
    Taupo NZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! thats a great tour, love your blog.

    I would like to invite you for the giveaway party at http://daffysdream.blogspot.com/2011/08/first-free-giveaway.html

    daffy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! I just found your blog party and liked my ruffle shower curtain. What a great blog full of great ideas. Thanks so much - I just became a follower!
    -Skye
    www.decemberskye.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Am now following you back. Keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little pirate bag :) I'm your latest GFC follower from Welcome Wednesday. Hope you can stop by my place soon and return the favor.
    http://www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !