Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Creating Success around the World - featuring Tartan Kiwi

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.


Creating my way to Sucess
 



Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce you to someone new whose creativity is inspiring!
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
 -------------------------------------------------
 
This week's guest is Tartan Kiwi in



My name is Juliet, and my blog is Tartankiwi

Why do you create?
I started blogging and crafting less than a year ago when I found myself in a fairly lonely place as a stay at home Mum in a new town miles from my friends and family. I recognised that I needed to do something to change my situation and thought that crafting and blogging would be a good place to start. 

I set myself a list of challenges which were fairly varied in nature. They ranged from personal challenges such as overcoming my natural shyness by taking my children to playgroups to crafting challenges such as knitting baby blankets; creating gifts for friends; reminding myself how to crochet; learning to appliqué and to insert zips. My blog charts my successes and failures. 

What do you create?
The majority of my projects involve sewing, but I also enjoy knitting, baking, embroidery and will try my hand at most things. I seem to go through creative phases and at the moment am really enjoying making bags, pouches and wallets.

Do you sell your creations? 
I am looking into setting up a shop on Felt, but must admit that progress is slow. Initially the plan is to sell covered button goodies, but as my sewing improves, I may consider including other items.

What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
I think that I am still learning how to find a balance between mothering, blogging and crafting. When my two and a half year old daughter comes over and slams my laptop shut, I know that I have got the balance wrong and take it as a signal to take time away from the computer with her.

What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
If you had asked me this three years ago, my answer would have involved achieving good exam results, promotions at work and a successful career. These days, my views have changed. If I can raise two happy, caring, creative and curious children, while keeping track of my own needs and identity, I think I will have achieved success. 


In the short term, I regard the strong friendships that I have built through blogging to be a sign that I have achieved success in many of the personal challenges that I set myself when starting my blog. I am also regularly blown away when I look at the items that I manage to create. It seems like only a few short months ago I was petrified of my sewing machine and had NO IDEA how to sew zips. Success is continuing to learn and grow.


So that's me, I'd love it if pop on over to Tartankiwi and say hello!
and remember, if I can make it, you can too!


---------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for some fabulous answers there Juliet!  She really does have a fabulous blog - so make sure you go and check it out!
Now that you've seen the talent here in Australasia, here are your hosts for the other continents:

Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
 
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
Africa - Adepeju @ Peekadot
 
 
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!
Just a note to say that our European host - Yaga at the Shiny Bubble is currently on holiday - but do go and visit her lovely blog and see her previous interviews!



8 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for introducing Tartan Kiwi to us - the blog is so love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun work...thanks for the intro and thanks for popping by my blog with such a wonderful comment! Following you too! :) POP ART MINIS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

    http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the part about her little girl slamming the laptop shut. That sounds like my daughter. Visited Juliet's blog and she has beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous answers!! I really REALLY love your answer about how you define success!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are adorable!

    Following your lovely blog. I am also inviting you to add your blog at Momma's Lounge (http://olahmomma.com/momlounge) where you can express yourself, add your business/giveaways, and meet more mom bloggers.

    Thanks and have a great day!
    http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I am your newest follower from the Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop!pent

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !