Sunday, July 31, 2011

Selling on your blog - E- books

Today is the last day of July - so I'm now setting out my challenge for the month of August.
As I want to find a way to make my blog profitable, but as yet haven't had any success with the advertising, which I must admit I've taken quite a passive approach to.  I've decided I need to take more active action.

Since I love writing - and my blog is growing through people coming through to read and see information I am giving, looking at E-books seems to be a logical option for me!

As to the topics - the how to of writing, putting together, publishing and selling these e-books - well that's what I'm aiming to research and learn about throughout the month of August.  If this is a topic you're interested in - or perhaps have some knowledge about yourself - then I hope you'll follow along and share in what I learn!

My goal - (because you always need goals, aims and targets) is:

To have published an e-book which will be available for sale by the end of August.

I feel this is a good SMART goal - specific, measureable, achievable, relevant and timely.

I have to say I'm not starting completely from scratch here.  I have had this idea for some time, and have lots of potential material written. 
But I just needed the motivation and extra push to actually do it !
So here goes!!!

Of course I'll be continuing to grow my blog in August too - more pageviews, followers and even better content!!
Plus - I've decided to set myself a monthly challenge/target for my other blog (Be Our Best).  Where my hushand and I both share our ideas and insights on how we are trying to help our girls - and in doing so ourselves, be the best we can be! If you're interested in that challenge too - I'd love if you head on over there to have a look!
Here's to more success to us all!


  1. I've been thinking of doing this myself. I'm in a state of confusion lately, lol, as I'm still trying to figure out my dream business. I want to grow my blog but in what direction and what topic I want to cover. My July challenge was a bust but maybe August will be better. Best of luck to you as we both go on this journey!

  2. I hope you have awesome inspiration and good luck with your e-book! I'm anxiously waiting to see it!!

  3. Ooh, I am really interested in this - can't wait to follow along w/your findings! Great goal, I love it!

  4. Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars. ~Les Brown

  5. Congrats on the ebook! Super idea!!
    Gives me food for thought as well!!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !