Friday, July 8, 2011

Ruffled Flower Button Bracelet - guest post tutorial, Reenie Jae Creations

Hi Everyone! I'm Bry from Reenie Jae Creations!

I am so happy Jill is "letting" me guest post here today!
(isn't Jill awesome! Yes, Yes she is!)
I started my blog, oh, about a year or so ago when I was selling all my girlish crap out of my basement to friends and family. Then I went MIA until earlier this year. And my blog had evolved into the lovely little quirky gem it is today! 

Right now I'd like to introduce you to this little gem...
The Ruffled Flower Button Bracelet!
(totally lame name I know, BUT it's right to the point, right?)
This is seriously the EASIEST bracelet EVER!
I wore mine the other day and about 10 people asked where I got it or how I made it so. that must mean its pretty cute, right?
So here is what YOU need to make one of these little pretties for yourself....
You'll need
~a piece of fabric cut into a 3x15 1/2 inch rectangle
~some ribbon
~felt scraps
~button, embellishments, gems, ect.
~sewing machine
~hot glue gun
~an iron
So here are the supplies you'll need. I opted to use this totally cute blue leopard print fabric I had just lying around....
Cut out your RECTANGLE and heat up your Iron...

 Take you fabric and fold it in HALF length wise, and press.....

Take you FABRIC and run it threw your sewing machine on the LONGEST stitch, so you'll be able to GATHER your fabric (remember to run the OPEN edges threw not the folded edge, & remember NOT to back stitch)....

Now take and GATHER your fabric by pulling the threads till you get a gathered CIRCLE like this.....

Cut out a piece of scrap felt in a small circle(yet not so small it doesn't cover the back well)....

Glue to the back of your circle, like so......

Now go around the circle and glue any spots that need to be secured on the front......

Then HOT Glue your embellishments to the front and center....
I opted to use a fabric covered button.....I am IN LOVE with fabric covered buttons ....
Now onto the RIBBON....
measure around your wrist and basically add a little (or a lot) of extra so you can tie it into a cute little bow...
Hot glue the ribbon right onto the felt....

And there you go! Easy as that!

Now tie it onto your wrist and Show it off!

Thanks so much for joining me here on my Guest post today!



Thanks so much for your wondeful tutorial Brycie!

I might just have to make one of those for myself!


  1. Super cute! I think I will just have to make one for myself. Definately popping over to your blog too!

  2. Stopping by from the Alexa hop. Your blog is adorable, glad I found it. Great tutorials. I'm a new follower. Please drop by. I'm rebuilding my blog due to blog hackers

  3. Very Interesting, Love it! Nice site, I will be sure to come back to visit! Following you from Bloggy Moms!

    “Mommy freebies, coupons and Advice on using coupons”

  4. I'm going to have to try this, it's so cute and simple!

    ~ The Tuckerbag ~


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !