Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Creating Success around the World!

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess
 
 
Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce you to someone new whose creativity is inspiring!
 
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
 
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
 
Here are your hosts:
Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people every continent has to add to our community.
 
Australasia - Jill @ Creating my way to Success
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
Africa - Adepeju @ Peekadot
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Australasia
 

 
Hi

My name is Michelle  and I am from Pink Paper Paradise.

About six months ago Jill featured me here on her fabulous blog and since then there have been some major developments over at my blog. Jill has asked me if I would like to come back and update you all on what has been happening.

Thanks for the invite Jill! Gee, where to start.................

Perhaps I will re answer the questions Jill put to me the first time I was here.

What do you create?

Well, I am a crafter at heart so I enjoy anything creative really, I have dabled in painting but my passion is paper crafting. I started out with a little scrapbooking but soon began making my own cards and that is now where my main focus is. I am a huge fan of digital images ( I still like to get inky an stamp too) and I am totally addicted to colouring with Copics. I have been a designer for one of my most favourite digi image companies and am currently a designer for Mad For Markers (an Australian distributor of Copic Markers).


About 10 months ago I decided to start my own linky party on my blog called Make It Monday.


The concept of Make it Monday is for it to be a place for paper crafters to show their creations,gain inspiration from others, share a little blog love and make some new friends. They can link up their most current project or revive and old post from way back that they want to share again. There is no theme (other than it being made from paper), it is anything goes each week and there is no limit to how many entries you can link up. Each week one entrant is randomly chosen to be featured on the linky party the following week.

Now all this sounds very much like any and every other linky party around and I wanted to make mine
a little different. I decided that what I really wanted to achieve with this linky party was to encourage the participants to visit each other leave comments for each other (we all love comments right?) so I decided to offer a second prize each week to a random commentor who leaves a little blog love for another entrant. All they have to do is visit the entrant's blog and leave a comment saying they saw their creation on Make It Monday. The more entries they comment on the more chances they have of winning.

This has all proved to be extremely popular, with the Make It Monday linky party growing so big, so fast. With in a few short months there were around two hundred entrants each week and the linky party was receiving views and link clicks numbering in the thousands each week.

In the end I made the decision to move the linky party off my blog and on to a blog of it's own and to set up a design team of five incredibly talented ladies to inspire the entrants and to help me with the massive task of commenting on all the entries.

I also now have some amazing companies who generously sponsor my Make It Monday linky party by offering prizes each week.

Do you sell your creations? If so, how, where and is it profitable?

Yes I do sell my cards through a site called Aussie Cards For Sale

This is a fabulous online store that sells an amazing selection of hand made cards created by designers from around Australia. Many of these designers are regularly featured in the most popular crafting magazines and the cards that they create and sell through Aussie Cards For Sale are often one off, unique designs. The cards sell for a very reasonable $5.95 and beat the store bought variety hands down.



As for whether or not I am actually making a profit from the sales of my cards ..............well........
that question would be a lot easier to answer if I wasn't continuously putting the money back in to buying more craft supplies, lol.

What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned?

The last twelve months or so that I have been blogging has been a very enjoyable learning experience. Fortunately I have not made too many mistakes (bar accidently deleting a post or two) but I have learned a lot.

Some of the more important things I have learned are:

Good quality photos really do make a difference.

Increased blog traffic is achieved through lots of effort but lost with none. Meaning that if you dont put the effort in to posting regularly on your blog the traffic you have built up dries up very quickly.

Be organised and get ahead on your projects as often as you can and schedule your posts because life is prone to getting in the way of your blogging plans (especially if you have young children).

Make what you enjoy making, not what you think will sell. It will show in the quality of what you create.

There are so many more things I have learned about creating blog buttons and changing the design of my blog etc. Most of which I have learned from Jill!!

What to you is success? Have you reached it yet, or are you on your way towards success?

This was a tricky question six months ago and still is, lol.

To me success is much a like a good cruise. It has more to do with the journey than it does with the destination.

It is tough to measure whether or not I have achieved success. There are certainly many areas in my life I strive to succeed in. But on the whole I feel that I am striking a good balance in my life with managing my roles as a wife and mother and I am enjoying my creative pursuits.

Every morning I wake up happy and I look forward to the new day. I am grateful for the love of my family and I enjoy the company of good friends.

So all in all I would have to say I feel very successful.

So, what's next?

Well, I look forward to continuing on with Make It Monday and seeing how it continues to grow.
I also have a few things that I am working on with my Pink Paper Paradise blog but I can't let the cat out of the bag just yet.

Thank you Jill for inviting me to your blog again it has been fun!!
____________________________________

Thanks so much Michelle!  It's been amazing to watch your blogging growth over the past few months!  Michelle also has some wonderful tutorials on her blog - including one for the cutest ever baby carriage made from paper!!!  Do go and take a look - you won't be disappointed!!
http://michelle-pinkpaperparadise.blogspot.com/

Now that you've seen some of our talent here in Australasia - why not head over to another corner of the world and check out the creativity there.....
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
Africa - Adepeju @ Peekadot
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
 
Thanks for stopping by Australasia on this world tour!  Feel free to link up your own blog below and visit and make some new international bloggy friends!



12 comments:

  1. aaah how cool, I was so curios about who you would invite. Great pick! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. "and beat the store bought variety hands down." --> they definitely do. Those are beautiful! I'll visit the other hosts when I'm truly, fully awake... it's a little before 7AM here and I just woke up to see if my post published on time :D I am not fully human until 9AM. Haha! Great 1st week of success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! And I love her blogging advice. I will be sure to add her link party to my link party page.

    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    Following you back and looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

    http://www.mommylivingthelifeofriley.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a pleasure to learn about crafters and artists around the world - those are beautiful cards by Jill! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Michelle, you are so busy, I should take a leaf out of your book and work ahead... I just need to make more time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jill .
    Michelle's Mum here .
    My word you have come a long way ! Congrats to you . I wish you every success . Great post with Michelle's feature . Interesting questions . Now going back to see what I have missed in earlier posts . Am a Long time follower with renewed interest .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for being a great hostess!
    I {heart} your linky party!
    HUGS~
    Jenni
    kissedbyafrog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful new feature! Terrific interview with Michelle, I like her idea for making the linky party stand out and obviously it did! Off to explore around the world with your other cool hosts. thanks to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Following from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop...love your blog! Stop by - http://www.blended.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute pics! newest follower ! hey hon! found ya on the blog hop at victorias voice! would ya follow me gfc back, I am now following you! Thanks so much! Be sure to visit my blog @ http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com . I have a giveaway for a 12pk of Peter Rabbt Organics, PLUS a 6mo free advertising on my blog! :)
    just say no to captcha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !