Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Creating Success around the World - featuring Amanda of Sea Breeze Quilts

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce you to someone new whose creativity is inspiring!
Here's how you can take this worldwide tour with us:
You can follow all the hosts to support them and keep up to date with the fabulous posts they will share every week.  Then if you are inspired to join, just link up your own blog to make some new international friends.
Remember to leave us a comment when you follow us so we can follow you back!
And of course we'd love if you added our button to your site to help spread the word!
Today's featured guest is from
Grange - South Australia

Amanda from Sea Breeze Quilts

What do you create?
I make quilts, bags, clothing and accessories but I think I have tried most forms of craft over the years.  For the last 18 months as a member of the QFD Creative Team I have been designing patterns and tutorials.  My first love is always quilting and I especially love needle turn applique. 

Why do you create?

I have crafted for as long as I can remember and I create simply because I have to.  I think I can safely say that I sew every day even if it is just for a couple of minutes and it is amazing how much you can get done little by little.  

Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?
I sell finished items through Made It and Patterns through QFD and Hetties as well as my own Craftumi Store.

What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
My first serious pattern was a needle turn applique quilt, the pattern is quite involved and took a long time to make and I think longer to write the pattern.  Looking back I should of waited a while before I launched into such an ambitious pattern and it really should have been a BOM.  But I love the quilt and one day I am sure the pattern will be a success.  So my lesson is to start of small and take baby steps.  

What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success? 

I love making my own designs so in that way I am already a success, even if the greater crafting community haven't discovered me yet.  However I think I will achieve real success when I am able to give up my job and just craft full time and to travel and teach would be amazing.   

So what's next?

I am teaching needle turn applique at my local quilt shop in August and I have a couple of designs bouncing around in my head and no deadlines looming after that so I think I am going to be sitting at my sewing machine and doing what I love best.  



Now that you've seen the talent here in Australasia, here are your hosts for the other continents:

Make sure you visit them all to see the inspiration and creative people
every corner of the world has to offer:
Europe - Yaga @ The Shiny Bubble
The Americas - Suzy @ Suzy's Artsy Craftsy Sitcom
Asia - Janelle @ Of Pinks and Fairy Tales
Africa - Adepeju @ Peekadot
And don't forget to add your own link below!  It's all about meeting new friends worldwide!


  1. What a wonderful hop! I'm following from the Totally Tuesday hop!

    Michelle @ Things Sent My Way

  2. I love looking at quilt projects and I'm hoping that one day, I will learn how and finally be able to make a quilt for my daughter. Awesome guest and great interview Jill!

  3. Thanks so much for dropping by the Be-Bop-A Blog Hop! I'm a follower and I hope you'll stop by again soon! Have a great day! :)

  4. What a fun way to share blog love!

  5. Just found your site from the beebopalong blog hop. What a great idea, so many crafty people too!

  6. I am loving your blog. I am not a big sewer but think I could probably handle some of the tutorial projects. I love the talking coasters. I am following your from a blog hop and it is Wednesday but I have seen so many different ones just picked yours to look at. Glad I did! I have bookmarked your page. Thanks. I would love it if you could stop by the, mostly scrappy blog that my friend Peggy and I keep at


  7. Stopping by from the Wonder Wednesday blog hop :)

    Your creations look amazing!! I wish I had your talent.

  8. Hi, Thanks for coming to my blog, following you :)

  9. Great interview! And I love needle turn applique!


  10. Thanks for stopping by Layers of Learning. Following you back!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !