Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wednesday Blog Hop - How are you Creating your way to Success - Danielle from Blissful and Domestic

Hello and Welcome to the Wednesday Blog Hop here at Creating my way to Success!

Creating my way to Success
 


Providing a chance to find new friends and blogs and be inspired and encouraged - while gaining new followers and supporting each other!




Please link your blog up at the bottom of this post
Follow me - Jill at Creating my way to Success
and Danielle at Blissful and Domestic
and grab the button for your blog too!
Don't forget to leave a comment if you're a new follower so I can follow you back!

Then visit and follow as many people as you like from the rest of the list!
Remember you get out as much as you put in! 
The more you visit -the more will visit you!!

But before you link you, please read Danielle's take on how she is Creating her way to Success -

Happy hopping!!

Here's Danielle..............

What do you create?

I generally create re-purposed projects. I love, love, LOVE taking someone elses throw aways and creating them into something special. I mean who knew your trash could be my treasure?


Why do you create?

Well I started sewing because it was something new and fun to learn, but after a while I found I needed to sew. My husband was out of the military, without another job in sight, and I needed to sew to create clothes for myself and my family. I still do this and actually rarely buy clothes from the store. I try to only go to thrift stores or take others hand me downs. This allows me to have affordable fabric and gives me a way to create wonderful new clothes for my family.


Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?

I just started this week. I opened up a Blissful and Domestic Shop, through etsy. I have sold one thing so far and am hoping to sell more. I make all kinds of re-purposed items. I figure why not be green and sell green.

What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?

I guess my mistake would be that it took me forever to start learning to sew. I told myself it was too hard. I just needed to believe in myself a little more

         What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?

I think if you can go through each day and say you did your best, than in itself is a success. Each day I am striving to create and do new things and that is wonderful in my book.
So what's next?

I guess what next is building my littler piece of blog land. I want Blissful and Domestic to be bigger. And by bigger I mean I just want to get my word out there. I want more people to be inspired to recycle and re-purpose. I want everyone to have fun with it and feel accomplished in creating beautiful things.

I have just opened up my etsy store and begun to sell my creations, in hopes of creating another income for my family. I just want to use those talents, which God has given me. By doing that I know I will be truly succeeding.
--------------------------------------------

Thanks Danielle for your wonderful answers there!

Now let's get hopping...

NOTE:  IF YOU ALREADY LINKED TO MONDAY'S ROUND TUIT - PLEASE DON'T LINK THE SAME THING AGAIN! LINK YOUR MAIN BLOG , THIS IS A BLOG HOP - TO MEET PEOPLE!

IF YOU WANT TO SHOW OFF YOUR CRAFT PROJECTS - GO HERE AND LINK TO MONDAYS ROUND TUIT





12 comments:

  1. Stopping in from the Tuesday Trail Blog Hop!

    I hope you'll check out my blog too!

    http://journeythroughmommyhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for for hosting this hop - I'm a new follower of your blog :)

    Katrina
    They All Call Me Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by. Followed ur blog

    Rajee from Mom's Focus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!
    I love your blog! I have been following it since a long time! I am also following Blissful and Domestic.
    Thanx for hosting this!
    Do visit my blog too and follow it if you like it!

    Alia
    http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting me at http://www.piggygiggles.com !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Blissful and Domestic. Thanks for having the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! I love your bags that you make! Super cute! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm your newest follower from the hop, check me out at http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com whenever you can:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog and yet more wonderful hop links to follow (need more than 24 hours in the day!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really a creative design!I can't wait to have a try!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !