Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesday blog hop - how are you Creating your way to Success?

Hello and Welcome to the Wednesday Blog Hop here at Creating my way to Success!

Creating my way to Success

Providing a chance to find new friends and blogs and be inspired and encouraged - while gaining new followers and supporting each other!

This weeks co-host is Yaga from The Shiny Bubble

Please link your blog up at the bottom of this post
Follow me - Jill at Creating my way to Success
and Yaga at The Shiny Bubble
then grab the button for your blog too!
Don't forget to leave a comment if you're a new follower so I can follow you back!

Then visit and follow as many people as you like from the rest of the list!
Remember you get out as much as you put in! 
The more you visit -the more will visit you!!

But before you link you, please read Yaga's take on how she is Creating her way to Success - Once again great answers - and definitely worth reading - then click over to visit her lovely blog!

Remember, if you would like to be a featured co-host then please leave me a comment telling me so on this post!

Happy hopping!!

Here's Yaga...............

 Hello everybody, my name's yaga, and like my head, my blog is full of bubbles. I write about things like my sewing (and other crafty) adventures, my quest to green my life and more random happenings in my life, like the day my hair turned blue. Every week you will find my Self Portrait Thursday, a little ad-hoc illo I do in my diary, and ***Monday Friend*** in which I portrait a great blogger in words, photos and their very own illustration.

  I am a kindergarden teacher by trade but momentarily concentrating on turning illustrating - mainly children's books - into my full time job.

What do you create?
My main creations are illustrations. I also do paintings on the side and I enjoy crafts, knitting and sewing. But illustration is what I have my focus on.

Why do you create?
I like doing something that results in a product that I can hold in my hands and use. I like being able to outline on paper and show to the world what I see in my head. I love the feeling of accomplishment when a piece is finished and looks the way I wanted it to look.
Do you sell your creations? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?
I am working on two projects with authors of children's books that will hopefully be published and sold. That's a first timer though and I don't know if I will earn actual money with it. I am looking into other ways of selling my artwork, like markets, etsy and so on. And no, so far, it is not profitable at all. ;o)

What mistakes have you made or lessons have you learned?
I have kept my talents to myself for much too long, believing that when you have 'real talent' people would just come to you and put money in your pockets and take your work. The fact that nobody knocked at my door asking to buy my pictures led me to believe that I do not have what it takes to make an artist. 
I have learned that yes, some people are lucky enough to make it without even trying, but for all the others, what you give will come back to you.

What, to you, is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
I think success is living the life you want to live, living your vision of a 'good life'. For me, when it comes to work, that would be working as an independent artist. I have not achieved that yet but I am working very hard towards it.

So, what's next?
I am trying to find more projects like the ones I'm working on at the moment, build connections and an audience on the internet, learning what possibilities there are in the world of books and art. I enjoy working towards my dream full time, a privilege I am very aware not many of us have. I intend to make as much as possible of that time.

Thanks so much to Jill for letting me co-host this week. I'm so amazed at how fast this blog hop grew and how many fantastic people I can visit here every week. 


  1. I am curious about the name Yaga? How did she get it? Does it have special meaning?
    I will see if there is an explanation on The Shiny Bubble.

    I envy those who can create whimsical drawings. They would make great T-shirt art as well.

  2. Love Yaga's philosophy and drawings! Most definitely going over to visit!

  3. Just visited Yaga and I am her newest follower! That gal has huge talent and amazing creativity. Thanks so much for introducing her!

  4. Hi! I'm following you from the Tuesday hop. I hope you'll follow me back at

    Have a great day!

  5. Just wanted to stop by and say hi! I'm a new'ish follower, but I also enjoy dropping by & checking out your guest hosts. This week's included! Have a wonderful day!

  6. I'm sorry I have added my link twice. I was unable to delete the first one, no 18, that I did not name correctly or link correctly.

  7. Thanks for the follow - following you back

  8. Hi!! Following you back!! And I joined your blog hop!!

    Michele aka MikiHope

  9. Hey thanks for the follow and the comment! Just showing some love back :) Have a great day!
    Meg <><

  10. Thanx for the follow! Following you back! :)

  11. Thanks for following me on my blog. I am now following you back!

  12. Following from the making new friends blog hop, you can find me at
    Have a great evening!

  13. love your button, jill! what great illustrations-my friend does that very on the side. she'd love to work with publishers, but it seems they all want more graphic design or at least computer generated, not hand drawn.

  14. Hi There! New follower from the hop. Would love it if you could hop over to and follow back!

  15. I'm excited to join your blog hop. Thank you.

    Mila from


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !