Friday, June 24, 2011

Sponsorship and Guest posts

I'm now nearing the end of my month's challenge to grow my blog.  I've been working hard, putting in the hours and seeing the results which is great!

I've also been hard at work in our garden, where a lot of growing has been going on too!
We now have lettuce ready to pick and eat...yum...

Here on my blog this week, I added sponsorship buttons to the top right of my sidebar, and an advertise page too.  Hopefully I'll get some businesses who would like to advertise here. 

It feels good to be putting my blog out there a bit more and giving things a go!

Hopefully it will start to grow - just like the newly planted seeds in my veggie beds!

I'm also going to start featuring guest bloggers who inspire me, every Friday. They are going to share some crafty tutorials with us all! I'm so looking forward to being able to spotlight some of my favourite bloggers!!

I'm also looking forward to seeing if some of the flowers on this plant grow into juicy eggplants!

I've got lots of new things in place now on my blog - and plenty of avenues I'm exploring to grow and expand.

But I'm always on the lookout for something new and this chilli plant that popped up in our secret garden!  What a bonus - as we love spicy food! 

I'm very happy with my blogging progress this month - and still another week to go!

I'm confident it will keep growing - just like this granadilla (giant passionfruit) which is now the size of my hand, but will grow to about twice that size before we pick and eat it!!

What have you been growing or building up lately?


  1. We planted blueberries, blackberries, and grapes this year. We replaced some of our bushes with these. We want to change our "decorative" plants into ones that are also fruit producing or herbs for cooking.

  2. I've got cucumbers, okra, red, yellow and green bell peppers, tomatoes and canteloupe growing this year. I started late, so it'll be next month before we have any vegies. About to get busy on some re-do's that I've had stored in my garage for a few years!

  3. Hi, thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday! I am now following you back. I am working on a small flower garden project and I actually planted petunias.


  4. I love that photo of the tiny sprout - kinda perfect! Nice additions to the blog and your month of growth! C'mon sponsors, Jill is open for bidness.

  5. Good luck with the whole blog thing!!! It sounds good!

    And your garden looks lovely!
    THANK YOU so much for voting and i am very excited to see were we end up with Vanilla Bean!

    greetings from Indiana

  6. I don't garden but I hope to one day. It's on my list.

    Thanks for the follow. Returning the favor. Have a great weekend.

    ~ Mona : )

  7. Hi, I have awarded to you 'The Versatile Blogger Award' Here is my link to the post:

    Karima xx

  8. What a lovely garden. I've never grown passion fruit but we have a nice fruit orchard (apples are ready) and a large veggie garden, tons of green beans, squash, etc. Thanks for the follow. Cheers from California!

  9. I think you and your bloggy are doing great. You are inspiring to me and I too have been trying to make my bloggy grow. Thanks for being a great example. I would love to do a give-away on your blog. I am trying to get my etsy store full of goodies and I think it would be fun to get some more traffic and maybe give something away. Let me know what you think:>

  10. Dear Jill - you're the very first person to follow my little blog!! Thank you so much for visiting, I've now subscribed to yours as well - look forward to reading and catching up!

  11. Thanks so much for stopping in and following...I'm your newest follower. :)

  12. We have had a solid week of rain. What is growing best for me are WEEDS. Now if I could find a buyer...

    This week I am taking part in some HUGE blog parties - the 12 blogs, 6 days Blog Block party and the hugely popular Mad Tea Party this Saturday. Both get many more views to my blog and some new followers.

    I remember last year the Ice Cream Social, coming in July, was a great traffic draw as well.

  13. Your garden is looking great! Our gardens this year have "grown" many blessings for us. It has been the best year yet and all the hard work is finally paying off. Tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, peppers, cabbage, melons!, and my favorite(and fun to watch grow)CORN! Gardening started out as a hobby, but is becoming a way of life for us. I am loving getting to know your blog.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !