Saturday, June 11, 2011

Keeping up the motivation, and the doubts at bay!

One and a half weeks into my grow my blog challenge, and I've just been having a moment of doubt! As I'm sure everyone does sometimes!

I'm starting to see slow results - more visitors, more pageviews, lots of encouraging comments, and I can actually see direct results from some of the actions I've taken, which is just fantastic!

But then,the doubt starts to creep in.

For example, a couple of days ago, someone suggested I join crafster.org . (thanks yaga!) I did straight away when that comment came in, and pretty much straight after I added a couple of my tutorial links, the visits started to come through!  I had one of my best days in terms of page views!

So why the doubts?

Well that was people coming through to see my past projects.  I then started to think about the fact that I have to keep on producing tutorials that people like! What if I run out of ideas?  What if my creativity dries up?  I can't  rely on things I've already posted - I have to constantly be coming up with new things!

It made me think of an Anthony Robbins CD I listen to sometimes (I'm a big fan and find he's a fantastic motivator).  He talks about people who sabotage their  success with their own fears.

I have to try to stay motivated and positive.  I know not all my ideas and tutorials will be fantastic - but I also know that when I'm not creating, I miss it!  And the wonderful thing about creativity  - is that it truly is limitless! Anything and everything can inspire something new!

I have literally boxes and boxes full of material just waiting to be made into things. Then there's whole charity shops full of old clothes and linen just waiting to be repurposed!

My two beautiful daughters are slowly learning to sew too- and teaching them is a great joy - so rewarding!

Then of course - there's all those amazing people out there who are visiting my blog and leaving such lovely comments! Knowing people like what I'm doing and blogging about is one of my biggest motivators!
I look forward to checking my emails each morning to see what comments people have left me, or what amazing projects they've linked up to my parties!

So THANK YOU! to everyone for reading, and coming back for more!

Please do feel free to ask me if there's something you'd like me to post on - how to make something particular perhaps? 
I welcome all your comments and questions!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Nice job getting your blog more exposure! I haven't browsed all of your projects, but I would love to see a tutorial on making reusable snack bags, reversable lunch bags, that kind of thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- fastest turn around from a brief waver of doubt to enthusiasm and another flowing of endless sources of inspiration and ideas.
    Being creative increases creativity. Do and become.

    Even when I do not have time to visit all the creative links on a crafty bloghop I find that seeing the thumbnails gives me ideas for future projects.

    I also like trolling mfr websites for new products they have coming out that will make old projects easier and give them a different feel or look.
    That is also a good way to know enough about specific companies and be ready for an opportunity to represent them (extra blog income) or at least get free product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you on a blog hop! I am now your newest follower and would love to have you follow back if you want!
    Camille @
    http://sixsistersstuff.blogspot.com
    PS You have great stuff on your blog! I have spent the last 10 minutes browsing and bookmarked a couple of things that I have to make! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You won't run out of ideas! Good lordy, girl, anyone who followed your month of clothes refashions knows you are a fountain of creativity.

    Furrealzies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill,
    thank you so much for stopping by my blog from the blog hop and following me! I am now following you back! I understand you doubts and fears about producing something for your blogger followers...I think just be yourself...I have found by being myself, visiting other blogs, commenting and joining fun hops has increased my blog AND I have met some great bloggie friends in the process...now here I am telling you this when you have way more followers than me....LOL

    I am so looking forward to getting to know you better and calling you a blog friend!
    melody

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everyone has their doubts. The important part is to get through it and you can do that by reminding yourself of what your goals are.

    Bella Vida by Letty


    Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my share of doubts too and fear of failure. I just keep telling myself to you'll find a way to get through this and remember why I am doing it. Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping by my blog..hope you'll follow me!
    Cat @ Minoaka Bebe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is awesome! You seem to have a gift of creativity! I believe in you. ;)

    ♥Jazmin
    www.millerhappilyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !