Some pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

A Round Tuit (48) - and clothes upcycling challenge day 9

Hello everyone, and welcome to this week's Round Tuit.
First I want to say thank you to everyone for following along, and for your kind comments about my clothes upcycling project month of May. I'm having lots of fun finding things to do with my stash of old clothes, and it's good to see the pile starting to get smaller too! Definitely one of my larger 'Round Tuit' projects! It's great as well to see many people linking up their own clothes upcycling projects!  Keep them coming, they're fantastic!

The upcycle I'm showing you today is another skirt. I upcycled one for my younger daughter last week, so of course the elder daughter wanted me to make one for her too! 

Here's the finished outfit - together with the hairband from an old dress I showed yesterday!

It was another old skirt with over-stretched elastic at the waist, and marks that would not wash off.
My daughter wanted hearts on the skirt - so I cut them, she placed them, then I stitched them on.

Here's the skirt before..

Just a few sizes too small for an 8 year old!

But hey, it's used to be a long skirt - now it's a pretty short one, perfect for dancing!


One more exciting thing I have to say before we get started this week, I got an early birthday present this weekend of a new camera!! - I managed to break mine last week - on the first day of my upcycling challenge - so my photos have been grainy and poorer quality all week since I've been using either my phone camera, or my video camera photo option. Apologies for the photo quality this week!

I can't wait to try our my new camera!  Do come back tomorrow to see the fabulous photos I'm going to take of my next upcycling project!!

---------------------------------------------------------------


And now to this week's Round Tuit:
MOTIVATION and INSPIRATION are the key factors behind my Monday posts and opportunity to link up and encourage, motivate and inspire each other....with your very own ROUND TUIT

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!


Thanks to everyone who linked up last week, here are my favourites:


Isn't it gorgeous??  Inspired by a Shabby Apple dress, but this one looks much better than the original - I love that it's made from a vintage sheet, and what's more, she's posted a fabulous tutorial so you can make your very own!!
For more fantastic ideas, go check out her blog at:



Again, she has a great little tutorial that shows you how you can make your own!
For more lovely ideas, go see her blog at:
Finally, one that made me smile - some tiny crocheted fish from Annemarie's Breiblog:
For more wondeful,colorful crochet projects - head over to her blog at:


Thanks to everyone for linking up - I'm really happy I've upgraded to picture linkies - they look great!
Let's see what you come up with this week...

-----------------------------------------------------



So please feel free to link up your posts - maybe it's a project you've completed that you're proud of - something you have wanted to get done for a while and need some extra motivation to get going on it - or you'd just like some of that fabulous encouragement, praise and motivation that bloggers are so good at spreading around.

Remember if it's a clothes upcycling project, you can also link to my long term linky on the clothes upcycling project page here:




Whatever the reason - grab your very own "Round Tuit" button (see sidebar), and link up.
Then head on over to some of the other links and praise, encourage and motivate.
I'll feature my favourite posts next week.
(by linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your linked post on my blog)


So come on, link up - tell your friends,  share the encouragement by visiting some other blogs and let's get this party started!




6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the sweet feature! You are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you had a great mother's day! that skirt is too cute-what a good mom to make a heart skirt by request. congrats on your new camera, and happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks so much for telling everyone about my fish! I really appreciate it. I hope you had a great mother's day!
    Best wishes, Annemarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and your sweet comment!! Your skirt is very cute. Your daughter looks very happy with it!
    Congrats on your new camera and have a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful show case pieces again....love your daughter's dancing skirt. There are some really fantastic looking projects linked this week, can wait to visit some. Hugs lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only just scraped in with my tuit this week. Blogger being down hasn't helped has it lol. Some very creative entries again this week. Always interesting. Thanks for doing this. Hugs lin I've posted from my other blog this week.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails