Some pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

How are you Creating your way to Success - Sweet Baby Tutus

·Welcome my new weekly post about how different people are Creating their way to Success.

My aim in this weekly feature is to :

• Provide an interesting insight into other people’s journeys towards their own personal success

• Help contributors to this post by encouraging them to advertise their own blog, website or shop / market within their post.

• Share motivation and encouragement with as many people as possible who are looking to use their creativeness to work towards their own goal of success.

This week's guest is Sweet Baby Tutus:







What do you create?
Sweet Baby Tutus! I design and sell tutus and birthday sets for little girls and some big girls with a few hairbows thrown in. I also do a lot of custom orders.
Do you sell your creation? If so, how? Where? And is it profitable?
I sell through my Etsy.com shop Sweet Baby Tutus. I made my first tutu as part of my one-year-old daughter's Halloween costume and it turned out great. At the time I was also trying to figure out a way to help out financially while being a SAHM. I had purchased items on Etsy before so I did a little research and went for it! I just wanted to make a little extra money for Christmas and it has turned into a mini-business. So far it has helped out with the extras. My husband is pretty impressed!  My Facebook Fan Page has also brought in a lot of customers for me. I use it to reward loyal customers with discount codes. I also have a blog "Makin' It Work" where I blog about my life and business.
What mistakes have you made or lessons you have learned?
I totally underestimated myself! I had no idea my shop or my marketing background (what I did before becoming a SAHM) would help my shop take off so quickly! I also put off ordering in bulk for the first few months thinking I would never use all the materials. This meant I was running around like a mad woman getting materials everyday for the orders I received.  Not fun with two kids in tow. I have since found suppliers and my life it a lot easier now!
What, to you is success? Have you achieved it yet, or are you on your way towards success?
Success is being happy with what you do.  I have had jobs in the past that I absolutely hated! I am very happy making tutus and staying home with my little ones for now.  I will enter the full time working world eventually but I'm enjoying the journey I'm on now.
So, what's next?
I hope to expand locally into a few boutiques. My online shop is pretty much all I can handle right now so I'm going to take baby steps.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOW! what a great success story! Sounds like making tutus is turning into a nice profitable venture!  Well done Sweet Baby Tutus! and thank you for answering our questions!!

If you would like to be featured here, please contact me !

And why not sign up to follow or like this blog on facebook - so you don't miss out on this and other great posts and features each week! Thank you!

Jill


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful success story!! Good for you and the tutu's are gorgeous!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tutu's are adorable!!! Great idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way cute:) thanks for the follow, now following bk
    http://hugatreewithme2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting! It looks great! - Jamie from SB Tutus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your fabulous (oh so cute!!) tutu creations.

    Congrats on your success.

    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting story! The tutus are tu tu cute. I love your idea of presenting success stories. So encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails