Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Round Tuit

This is my recipe book:
A battered old hardback book, which I bought about 15 years ago, and neatly wrote in all the recipes from home that I wanted to keep when I left England.
Since then, I've added many recipes, but not so neatly.  In fact I've scribbled them on scraps of paper, or cut them out of magazines and just pushed them into the book, always meaning to either stick them in, or copy them neatly......but I just never seem to get a round to it!

SO, I've decided it's time to get A Round Tuit of my very own.  And all those jobs that have been left undone for years, will finally get done!! 

My granny used to have A Round Tuit on her kitchen wall, and I always thought they were a very good idea!

Since last week I learnt how to make a button for my blog, I thought I'd get a bit of practice in and make myself A Round Tuit button!  Now I know it's not too fancy, but just being able to make a plain button for now is a big thing for me!  I'm pretty chuffed with it! Although maybe I could craft a nice looking one for the wall at home when I have some time.........

So anyway, my idea is this:

I'm going to get my recipe book sorted this week, (now that I've got A Round Tuit!!).
 If anyone wants to join in and get a job done that has needed doing for some time, then feel free to grab a button, and if you like, leave me a comment saying what it is you're going to get done this week.  I've linked the button to this post, so you can click on it to come back and check what it is you were meant to be doing!!!  And what everyone else is going to do!

 I am curious to see what jobs everyone else leaves undone!  And to keep me accountable, at the beginning of next week, I'll post photos of my newly neat and tidy recipe book!!!

I have piles of jobs that need doing, but I figure I'll chip away at the list slowly and start with just one a week.

So go on, get A Round Tuit!!


Linking up with:
(pretty buttons are on my sidebar!)
Just something I whipped up Monday @ The Girl Creative
The Trendy Treehouse
Market yourself Monday @Sumo's Sweet Stuff
Tuesday Tag Along @ Twee Poppets


  1. Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! I'm following you now and I'm going to dive right in and look around!

  2. I need a round tuit! Then I'd be sure to get things done, right?
    Happy Tuesday Tag-Along.
    I'm following and hope you'll have a chance to stop by my blog soon.

  3. Hello-
    I found you through TTA, Tuesday Tag along...and I am a new follower. Have a great day, Zoe (soon to be Haute Mama)

  4. I am determined that this summer I will get my favorite recipes onto the computer. Of course, I said that last summer too!

    Stopping by from the Tuesday Tag-along. Come follow back if you get the chance!


  5. Following you on GFC as Thrifty Canucks from Tag along tuesday. Please check out my blog and follow back if you can

  6. I am a new follower from Tag along Tuesday! Hope you follow as well. Have a great day.
    Smart and Trendy Moms

  7. Thanks for stopping by, now following. =)

    I definitely need a round tuit!

  8. This is a great idea!
    Your blog is looking great, And I can't wait to see next weeks posts about your A Round Tuit!! I added my latest post to your link -up! I can't wait to browse thru everyone's links!

  9. thanks for stopping by my blog and following me - I'm following you back!

  10. That job is on my list too…... I have a recipe book that looks much the same as your although it was only ever an ugly old school exercise book to start with….and I didn’t write that many recipes in it….and not very neatly. But is has all of those pages tucked into the front like yours! One day too many other jobs way ahead of it on the list at the moment!

  11. What a great idea! I'll be following you!
    amy @ www.thecheapandchoosy.blogspot.com

  12. My aunt used to have a round Tuit and I've always wanted one. There are so many things I have to finish...I'll havae to come back and tell you what I decide on. Hugs lin

  13. Hi Jill, just to let you know I've finished my first Get A Round Tuit project http://lindysmaidwidluv.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-got-round-tuit-1.html, hope you'll have time to pop round and take a look. I've made a list and going to work my way thought it...I'm loving this. Hugs lin


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !