Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Round Tuit (3)

First of all I must apologise for this post being a day late! So much for getting 'A Round Tuit"!!  I think maybe it only works for specific things - ie you have to state what it is you're going to get 'a round to' doing!!  I did get what I set out to get done, done!  But in my defense of my late posting of the results, I was bashed on the head by a plank of wood, resulting in a large egg-shaped swelling on my head; slipped coming down a mountain and landed on a pointy rock, resulting in a triangular shaped bruise on my bottom; and it was a public holiday yesterday so I clean forgot about my weekly chores!! ooppss!!

So, enough excuses, here is my before and after shots of my messy sewing table;



I'm really happy with the results!  The coloured storage containers, I made from a large poster tube (center of the picture) that I rescued from the local shopping centre when someone was about to throw it out!

I measured up and cut sections with my saw, then covered them with fleecy fabric (what I happened to have lots of in several colours) and lined them with some offcuts of curtain lining I had. Since the card is just sections of open tubing, the base is just fabric, but fairly sturdily stitched in so will hold things just fine!  I used pieces of plain card to write on the contents of each box and safety pinned them to the front of each box.  Now I know where all those useful little bits and pieces are!

My other major storage issue was my threads:

All in one box and gradually tying themselves together in knots!!
So I decided to make some hanging pockets with some of my endless roll of pink fabric (bought from a charity shop for $10 and just keeps on going!!) and some old net curtains:

So now I don't have to rummage around for the colour thread I want - the net pockets make it nice and easy to find the colour co-ordinated threads, and they shouldn't tie themselves up too much now!'

So there you go - A Round Tuit success.

Once again, feel free to grab your very own 'Round Tuit' and get some of those long neglected jobs done!

This week, being a short and busy one, I'm not taking on too much!  I'm gong to get around to all my mending and making jobs that are patiently waiting in my sewing basket:

Please do link up with your projects, and make sure to grab a round tuit button too, to help you along the way!

(Also linking up to (pretty buttons on sidebar)


  1. Cute Blog! I’m a new follower #100!! Happy Tuesday! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!

  2. Love that thread storage idea, fantastic, see the colour you want at a glance. We need to see some pictures on here of this mountain you keep climbing! Congrats on reaching 100 followers!

  3. Love your thread storage. I have one similar that I use for my paint brushes and the like. It hangs in my studio and I love it.

  4. I'm so excited that I'm your 100th follower! :) Woowho! Congrats!

    Stopping by from Tuesday Tag Along! :) I'm a new follower, and would love for you to stop by craftsandsutch.blogspot.com to take a peek at what I've been up to.

    Have a terrific Tuesday!
    Erin :)

  5. Great work! See look how much you got done. Kinda jealous. You should see my scrapbooking nightmare area.

    Newest follower in the house from Tag Along Tuesday. Would love to hear back from you! Can't wait to read more...

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner

  6. Thanks so much for stoppin' by for a Latte' on TTA. Looks like you are getting all organized. I'm happy to follow you back and look forward to more posts.

  7. WooHoo! 100 followers!
    I love the thread storage as well! I entered my a round tuit!

  8. Following from TTA - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin

  9. I'm following back from TTA. Thank you for stopping by and following my blog, and I apologize for being so late. Better late than never :-)

  10. Brilliant job! I love the thread storage...

  11. Totally love the sewing corner make-over. I just made mine over last night. I'll post pictures soon. -Jess


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !